Website VIA Science
Location: Somerville, MA (Hybrid)
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA’s mission is to make communities cleaner, safer, and more equitable. Using its Web3 platform, VIA enables real-time data verification, automated ingestion, and privacy-preserving analysis across multiple private data sources, including energy and environmental data. The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), Fortune 50 companies, and energy providers around the globe trust VIA to help them solve their toughest data privacy challenges.
As a Software Developer at VIA, you will play an integral role in the development of our advanced analytics solutions by building software to support modern web applications and services, powered by blockchain technologies and machine learning algorithms. Though the focus will be on back-end development, you will work closely with the entire technical team, including front-end developers, to solve exciting technical challenges.
Read more about our mission, team, and values here.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement a robust set of services and APIs for applications, including those built on top of VIA’s blockchain, VIAsecurechain
- Support the integration and deployment of back-end and front-end microservices by using best practices and automation tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Apply best practices for automated testing of our applications and support implementation (e.g., unit and integration tests and related libraries)
- Independently diagnose and debug problems while working within a collaborative technical environment
What you will bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience owning the full cycle of software development including design, implementation, testing, debugging, and CI/CD
- Experience writing tests, including unit tests, component tests, and integration tests
- Familiarity with container technologies for microservices (e.g. Docker)
- Exposure to cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Good understanding and experience with authentication and authorization standards, such as OAuth2 and SAML
- Experience using web development frameworks such as FastAPI or Django
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Exposure to the following a plus: Selenium, Angular, Typescript, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
To have a high impact at VIA, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a fast changing innovative environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated, resourceful, and bring a proactive approach to tasks and challenges
- Enjoy sharing your passions, as a foodie, a lover of video games, a fan of pets, or having a good GIF game (doesn’t hurt either!)
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity make every day rewarding!
Read about our perks and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit solvewithvia.bamboohr.com.