The future of transportation is electric and our software solves the most critical emerging grid integration challenges to ensure that the impending energy transition is clean, equitable, and resilient. Our enterprise solutions help the grid absorb the coming electrification wave with ease. Utilizing modern, cloud-native platform architecture and robust systems optimization, WeaveGrid’s software is built from the ground up to tackle the most critical network challenges while meeting the stringent regulatory, security, and reliability requirements of the utility industry.
About the job
We’re looking for a highly experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to own and improve our CI/CD and release processes, deployment tooling, and enhance testing infrastructure that underpins the work of our development team.
Striking the right balance between developer velocity and stability is a common challenge, but particularly business critical at WeaveGrid: Our software engineering team use the CI/CD paradigm and deploy many times per day. Due to the sensitive domain we operate in (the electric grid), we need to focus more on stability and safety than the typical startup of our size.
- Architect, implement, and maintain scalable CI/CD pipelines to support agile development cycles.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points in the development process.
- Evaluate existing processes and tools, recommending and implementing improvements and automations as necessary.
- Build and manage deployment frameworks and testing environments, ensuring they meet both technical and business requirements.
- Proactively monitor system health, responding promptly to any issues affecting the CI/CD pipelines.
- Ensure system compliance with industry best practices and internal security policies.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for the DevOps processes and tools.
- Drive continuous improvement through regular review and updates to the DevOps strategy.
- Special projects and other duties as designated by your manager or assigned designee.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in DevOps engineering, ideally in a startup or equivalent environment.
- Strong experience with CI/CD tools like CircleCI, or equivalent.
- Experienced with AWS and related concepts and technologies – pod provisioning, monitoring setup, autoscaling.
- Proficient in containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- In-depth understanding of version control systems, particularly Git.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and the resulting software development life cycle.
- Strong experience with Python incl. environment setup and package management.
- Strong scripting skills in Python, Shell, or another common language.
- Good communicator, passionate about effective documentation.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment.
The total compensation for this opportunity includes a base salary range of $126,000-$190,000 plus equity (stock options) and benefits. This is our target compensation range and is subject to multiple factors including role, level, experience, and location. As you go through our interview process, our recruiter will work with you to identify a competitive base salary within the proposed range and combine it with an equity package to get you excited about your future at WeaveGrid.
To apply for this job please visit www.weavegrid.com.