The future of transportation is electric, and our software solves the most critical emerging grid integration challenges to ensure that the impending energy transition is clean, equitable, and resilient. Our enterprise solutions help the grid absorb the coming electrification wave with ease. Utilizing modern, cloud-native platform architecture and robust systems optimization, WeaveGrid’s software is built from the ground up to tackle the most critical network challenges while meeting the stringent regulatory, security, and reliability requirements of the utility industry.
About the role
At WeaveGrid, we are working to accelerate transportation electrification and grid decarbonization. We need to enroll, retain, and encourage behaviors of electric vehicle (EV) drivers to achieve these goals.
- Design and implement end-to-end features across our technology stack.
- Contribute to architecture that supports SaaS-ification of our driver-facing web application, allowing for easy white-labeling and deployment to new utility customers.
- Build tools that allow for the easy configuration of our white-labeled applications.
- Write reusable & scalable APIs to fuel insights on our driver-facing application.
- Test your code to ensure completeness and correctness for all use cases.
- Mentor other engineers and help to create a helpful, trusting, high performing team culture and high quality, maintainable codebase.
- Be a technical leader for parts of the product, taking on optional and/or future management responsibilities for a small engineering team.
- Be responsible for the team’s analytics data driven design and UI/UX improvements.
- Participate in data-informed discussions to prioritize what problems we solve next and how we solve them.
- Use Kubernetes, AWS, GitHub, Jira/Confluence, CircleCI.
- Special projects and other duties as designated by your manager or assigned designee.
- You want to apply your talents to meaningfully address climate change.
- You identify as a highly experienced product-oriented engineer that has a passion for data driven user interface design.
- You are excited to help design a database schema that best supports your end product, learning about the real world constructs you are building your system around.
- You have many years of depth in at least one part of our stack, but broad exposure to the other parts as well.
- You’ve helped other engineers grow and become more productive to accomplish more than you could on your own.
- You like to use different technologies to solve different types of problems and do not hold your engineering identity within one technology.
- You have experience working in an object-oriented programming language – Python preferred.
- You are comfortable working within a microservice based architecture and have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other microservice technologies.
- You understand Agile software development, DevOps practices, and the meaning of quality assurance.
- You’re productive in a hybrid working environment that includes time in the office and work from home as appropriate
- You are excited to help us build this growing company and have experience working on smaller teams or at smaller companies.
- You care about user experience, the craft of software, and constant learning.
- You are a security aware engineer who understands the highly sensitive nature of what we do here.
The total compensation for this opportunity includes a base salary range of $138,000-$200,000 plus equity (stock options) and benefits. This is our target compensation range and is subject to multiple factors including role, level, experience, and location. As you go through our interview process, our recruiter will work with you to identify a competitive base salary within the proposed range and combine it with an equity package to get you excited about your future at WeaveGrid.
To apply for this job please visit www.weavegrid.com.