Website VIA Science
People and Operations Specialist
Location: Somerville, MA
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA’s mission is to make communities cleaner, safer, and more equitable. Verification, integration, and analysis across multiple private data sources is a requirement to improve communities, but also costly and massively time consuming. Energy companies and organizations around the globe trust VIA to help them solve their data challenges. Using its Web3 platform, VIA enables real-time data verification, replicable integration, and privacy-preserving analysis of energy and environmental data.
This would be mission impossible without the right team doing their best work! VIA’s People and Operations (POps) team is focused on maintaining an environment that maximizes VIAneer engagement, motivation, and productivity. As a result, you will have the rewarding role of working with a high performing team that boasts a stand out organizational culture. Too good to be true? Sometimes we think so too, but our consistent eNPS of over 80 does not lie.
To be successful in this role, you will already be excited to unpack how we get to such a great eNPS and want to know how you can contribute. You don’t have to be extremely technical but you should have experience working with technical teams and be motivated to learn about what we do.
In this role:
You will learn early on that the POps team plays an important role in many teams, processes and outcomes at VIA. You will have the opportunity to quickly add value in all of these areas because…
- You are a doer
- As a member of the VIA POps team, you will be ready to adorn various hats as you execute on a range of tasks and initiatives from the more administrative to the highly people-facing. This includes management of VIA’s HR platforms and day to day processes.
- You are a communicator
- In writing, meetings or one on one discussions, we believe that good communication is a key ingredient to a successful team. You will be involved in all steps in the process required to deliver comms of a variety in scope, type and topic. You have a particular knack for translating ideas into impactful verbal and visual delivery.
- You are a connector
- With your quickly developed understanding of VIA’s processes and programs, you will help ensure that VIAneers are getting the right support at the right time to do their best work.
- You are a learner
- There are always topics or situations that you won’t have faced. Rather than shy away, you treat these as opportunities to grow personally and improve things at VIA. You will champion our value of learning throughout the company.
What you will bring to this role:
- 3+ years of HR generalist experience or similar in a fast-paced technical environment
- Motivation to work closely with employees to ensure they are set up for success at VIA;
- Facilitating conversations around professional development, wellness, and other employee experience related topics
- Bringing a people-first mindset with a focus on creating positive employee experiences and a highly productive, inclusive culture
- Solid working knowledge of Human Resource standards and best practices with the ability to adapt appropriately in the VIA environment;
- Hands-on experience with more than one of the following: onboarding, performance management, learning and professional development, organizational culture, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition, health and wellness
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Experience with HRIS systems, performance management, and employee engagement software, a strong asset
- A balanced approach to getting work done while having fun doing so!
What you will find at VIA:
VIA’s approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating diversity makes every day rewarding!
Read about our perks and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit solvewithvia.bamboohr.com.